Sunday, September 25, 2011

Chef Boy-r-Meg

I cannot cook. I wish I could cook. And, it I am losing hope.

Where to I begin for this one? I truly wish I knew how to cook and within the past couple of weeks that this issue I have has frustrated me. Katlin made a little shout-out to her baking blog and it also made me think a little more into this.

Let me go back to the beginning. When did I really realize that I did not know how to cook? Was it when I screwed up making hot chocolate? When I set a fire in my oven while I was home alone cooking pizza? Or was it last week when I burned chocolate trying to make my roomates a nice treat! - the answer, all of the above.


There are a couple family recipes that I wish I knew how to make. My dad's mom made the best stuffing anyone in the world would ever have (she always used to give me an extra helping on Thanksgiving because she know I looked forward to it every year!) My mom's mom had the best recipe for chicken noodle soup that I always requested when I was sick. My dad makes the best Christmas Baileys and Chili. My mom's apple crisp - best.dessert.ever.

This past Friday Reed made us homemade pizza. It is his family's sauce recipe and I LOVE it. I am just so jealous that all I was able to contribute to the meal was a salad from a bag. Today when I traveled home, my mom and Kelly spoiled Katlin and I with some of our favorite foods - chicken wing dip, caramel apple dip, puppy chow and chicken & potatoes. If I ever attempted to


So folks, here is my plea. PLEASE HELP ME. Do you have any easy recipes I can manage to create, any tips for cooking or any cookie classes in Erie?

Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment