Saturday, September 24, 2011

Forcing myself to like oatmeal and other challenges I am working on today.

So like the title says, I am trying as hard as I can to force myself to eat oatmeal. Why? Because I suck at eating breakfast and oatmeal is an easy fix, it's healthy and relatively good for you, and it keeps you full until lunch, or at least that's what I've been told. So to help me accomplish this I turned to google, and I think I found a recipe that will help.
Doesn't that look delicious? I feel like this author understands me...I don't like oatmeal because it's mushy, but adding the walnuts and apples gives it a little bit of texture and crunch. Find the recipe here.

Other things I've done today include watching the Jackie Kennedy "In her own words" special, and I am absolutely in love with her. She is truly what I want to be when I grow up...I think I would make a pretty good first lady if I do say so myself. What do you think:
That was my friend and I in Chicago, before we left for a "dead celebrity bar crawl," and we were literally the only people dressed up...that turned into one of the funniest nights of my life and the first fake bachelorette party that I was a part of.

I also tried something else new today. As most of you know, I love baking. I am hoping to open my own bakery someday. I also have a blog about my baking, but it's hard to maintain a baking blog and eat healthy so that has fallen somewhat by the wayside. Today however I was absolutely craving something sweet and stumbled upon this little beauty.

It's pretty simple,put into a mug: 1 egg + 3 TBSP brown sugar + 1/3 cup flour + 1TBSP softened butter + 3-4 TBSP mini chocolate chips. Mix with a spoon and microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes until set. Enjoy with a dollop of ice cream!

It wasn't necessarily the best dessert I've ever had, but it did satisfy my sweet tooth.

I also found a new salon and chopped off my hair and the rest of today is dedicated to cleaning my room and scrubbing our basement. Thrilling, I know. Hope you all have a great weekend!!! - Katlin

1 comment:

  1. I just want you and Meg to know that I love your new sibling blog and it's quite entertaining. It also makes me happy to know that some things never change! Miss you girls!

    ReplyDelete